Electronic Consent and Electronic Delivery of Documents
I agree that any time I click or have clicked on an “I Agree,” “I Consent” or other similarly worded button or entry field with my mouse, keystroke or other device, my agreement or consent is legally binding and enforceable against me and is the legal equivalent of my handwritten signature on an agreement that is printed on paper. I agree to be bound by any affirmation, assent or agreement that I transmit, or have transmitted, to or through this website (the “Platform”) by computer or other electronic device, including internet, telephonic and wireless devices, including but not limited to any consent I give or have given
to receive communications from EF Resources, Inc., EnergyFunders, LLC, EF Funding Portal, LLC, EF Advisor, LLC, EF GP, LLC or any of their affiliates, as applicable (“EnergyFunders”) solely through electronic
I understand that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any notices, disclosures, forms, privacy statements, reports or other
communications, including any tax-related information or documents to the extent provided below (collectively, “Communications”), regarding the investments available on the Platform, and my investment in any such investments, may be delivered by electronic means, such as by e-mail or through EnergyFunders.com. I consent to electronic delivery as described in the preceding sentence. In so consenting, I acknowledge that e-mail messages are not secure and may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with, with or without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. I also acknowledge that an e-mail from EnergyFunders may be accessed by recipients other than me and may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. I understand that EnergyFunders gives no warranties in relation to
I consent to the delivery of tax documents (such as Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) Form 1099-INT) through EnergyFunders.com. I understand that I may withdraw this consent before my tax document is furnished. In providing this consent, I also acknowledge that I have received EnergyFunders’s Information on the Electronic Delivery of Tax Documents, included below.
I further understand and agree to each of the following:
· As long as my consent remains in effect, EnergyFunders may provide all Communications to me electronically in lieu of providing paper Communications.
· Hardware and software that I will need. Electronic Communications may be provided to me via e-mail and/or the Platform. In order to view and retain the Communications, my computer hardware and software must, at a minimum, be capable of accessing the Internet, with connectivity to an Internet Service Provider or any other capable communications medium, and with software capable of viewing and printing a *.pdf file created by Adobe Acrobat. Further, I must have a personal e-mail address capable of sending and receiving e- mail messages to and from EnergyFunders. To print the documents, I will need access to a printer compatible with my hardware and the required software.
· If these software or hardware requirements change in the future, EnergyFunders will notify me through the Platform.
· To facilitate these services, I must provide EnergyFunders with my current e-mail address and update that information as necessary. Unless otherwise required by law, I will be deemed to have received any electronic Communications that are sent to the most current e-mail address that I have provided to EnergyFunders.
· EnergyFunders will not assume liability for non-receipt of notification of the availability of electronic Communications in
the event my e-mail address on file is invalid, my e-mail or Internet service provider filters the notification as “spam” or “junk mail,” there is a malfunction in my computer, browser, Internet service and/or
software, or for any other reasons beyond the control of EnergyFunders.
· I may withdraw my consent to receive Communications in electronic form by calling EnergyFunders at (713) 300-9996. If I withdraw my consent to receive Communications in electronic form, EnergyFunders may, at its option and in its sole discretion, (A) terminate my account with EnergyFunders that was created through the Platform (“My Account”), (B) restrict or limit the actions I may take through or with respect to My Account, including, but not limited to, restricting my ability to purchase EnergyFunders investment through My Account, and (C) charge me a fee of $5 for each paper copy of each Communication that would have been provided to me electronically if I had not withdrawn my consent. Any withdrawal of my consent to receive
Information on Electronic Delivery of Tax Documents
These provisions relate to my consent above to EnergyFunders’s provision of tax documents to me electronically. Prior to furnishing the tax documents electronically, the IRS requires that EnergyFunders provide each investor with the following information:
· If I do not consent to receive the tax document electronically, a paper copy will be provided.
· My consent continues for every tax year until I withdraw my consent.
· I may log into My Account at EnergyFunders.com to access and print my tax documents. I may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the document and a device connected to my computer that can print. In the event a tax document is too large to open in the browser, I will be prompted by a dialog box to save the file to a location on my computer and open it using
· To withdraw consent, I may call EnergyFunders at (713) 300-9996 to request to withdraw my consent.
· If My Account is closed, my request for electronic delivery of tax documents will automatically terminate, and I will receive a
paper copy of my tax documents by mail at the address that I have provided to EnergyFunders.
· I may update my contact information by calling EnergyFunders at (713) 300-9996.
· My tax documents are maintained for 10 years on EnergyFunders.com in case I ever need to access them again.